Thursday, June 5, 2008

Alex's Lemonade Stand

All - this is an email that is circulating - this Saturday is the Lemonade Stand, please make time for it - see below for details!
Hi Guys, I am sending this email out as I know you all have a good email list and network of local people who might be interested in showing some support for local folks in need. Below is an email excerpt I got from a good friend Denis Smith From Spring Lake who's Daughter has been battling Cancer over the past year or so. Let's circulate this around and see what kind of support we can gather to stop by their lemonade stand on Saturday. I plan to bring my kids by. I also think it is a great way to show kids how to give back to their community and those in need. Spread the word. I am glad he asked. Lets blow them away with spreading the word as far as possible. Thanks, Chris
On a side note, I need you and the family to stop by the corner of 4th and Worthington Aves. (Spring Lake) this coming Saturday for a glass of lemonade from our lemonade stand. It will be an Alex’s Lemonade Stand. Here’s the story…A child named Alex Scott was four years old in 2000 when she decided to have a lemonade stand in her front yard to raise money to “help her doctors” find a cure for kids with cancer. She had the same type of cancer as Bridget and lost the battle in 2004. Her legacy lives on in many ways…none as much as helping me put travel soccer in perspective. I need a dose of this stuff every once in awhile. I’ve attached the link to her site below. Tell as many people you can think of to stop by our house on Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Thanks…

No comments: