Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Living with less...day 3

Hi everyone. I have to type fast as I am cutting into my one hour of internet/tv time per day. Patrick and I feel like John and Abigail Adams. Patrick was being funny and walking around in the dark with a candlestick in his hands while he was trying to find our cloth napkins the other night. So far the challenge hasn't been too hard yet.I like not having the TV on at night and Patrick and I eat dinner at the dining room table and talk about our day. I had to give up my hour of entertainment yesterday so Patrick could watch the Red Sox on the internet. Our apartment has never been more tidy as all of my TV time is used to clean up and we go to bed a little earlier because we aren't all keyed up from watching CSI and such. I thought no paper towels would be hard but I just replaced them with cut up Tshirts of Patricks that he never wore. Not buying anything has posed a little bit of a problem. It is a friends Bday this Friday and we don't have a gift for the party. I have decided to make him chocolate chip cookies. I will present them in coffee cans wrapped with fabric (I don't have cookie tins). I made the card already. I took a piture of my scrabble board with the words Happy Birthday and printed it out on my picture printer. I then glued it to a note card that I already had. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will show you the final product when I am done. If anyone else has taken the challenge I would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Julie L said...

WOW! good for you guys! i still havent made my one big change, bringing my own reusable cup to starbucks in lieu of the plastic ones. Im still doubting that oprah is really doing this. i cant imagine she would bake cookies for her friend Gayle's Bday. but i still think its great you're doing it. i will try harder...